AirFried Potato Skins
AirFried Potato SkinsCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
An all-time favorite, Potato Skins are enjoyed by literary everyone. You can easily simplify the cooking process with an AirFryer!
4 Big Potatoes
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp Red Cayenne Pepper
1 tbsp Louisiana rub
4 tbsp Olive Oil
- For the potato filling
1 tbsp Cilantro
8 tbsp Sour cream
150 gr grated cheese *Cheddar works best
Chives to season
2 strips of bacon
- Place the potatoes in a big bowl and season with the spices and olive oil
- Rub well
- Place in the AirFryer for 40 minutes at 380 F / 190 C
- Take the potatoes out on a cutting board
- Cut in two horizontally
- Scoop the inside out
- Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese
- Put back in the AirFryer for 10 minutes (or until the cheese is melted) at 380 F / 190 C
- Take out and put a tbsp of sour cream on top of the melted now cheese
- Sprinkle with bacon pieces and chives
- Russet Potatoes work best for this recipe.
- A Grapefruit spoon is helpful for the scooping out part.
You want to know my secret seasoning for the AirFried Potato Skins?
I am a big fan of seasoning and marinating everything. It is one of my favorite kitchen activities as weird as it sounds. Especially when it comes down to vegetables like potatoes, I do believe your seasoning is the key to a flavorful dish. Airfried Potato Skins can turn out dry and bland if you do not add the right spices to the mix.
So for this specific recipe, I use Louisiana Spice Rub Cajun. You can find it easily in your store or online. Its flavor can be slightly overpowering, so I would recommend to use it with moderation.
Louisiana Spice rub$23,99
What would you pair this dish with?
For me, personally, I love making Airfried BBQ Hot sauce Chicken or Airfried Chicken Nuggets together with this dish. For some reason, Chicken and Potatoes always go well in a combination and are enjoyed in various cuisines and forms.
Indeed, alternatively, the potato skins can be enjoyed as a main course themselves. The dish is definitely filling and savory enough.
Regardless of what you decide, I am confident you will enjoy making this recipe in your AirFryer and enjoying it to the fullest.